Welcome to the Summer Term in Year 3!
In Maths, we will be consolidating our learning of place value and operations from the Spring term, with daily arithmetic questions. At the start of the term we will learning about fractions and time. After half term, we will start to learn about shapes, angles, mass and capacity. All children will be expected to revise their times tables at home daily.
Our class book for this term is ‘The Firework-Maker's Daughter’ by Phillip Pullman. In English, we will be using our Science topic of Volcanoes and earthquakes to inspire fictional recounts. We will also be discussing and writing our own mystery stories. Furthermore, we will be exploring and performing poetry. Within all our writing, we will be working on a range of grammatical features including the use of fronted adverbials, expanded noun phrases and continuing to use a range of conjunctions to expand our sentences. Reading, spelling and handwriting will be practiced weekly.
In Geography, we will be studying volcanoes. We will be researching how they made, why they occur and where they occur. We will also look at other natural disasters.
In Science, we will be investigating lights and rocks. We will use our scientific skills to conduct experiments and discuss our findings
In Art, we will be researching, designing and making our own photomontages.
Miss Pooley will be teaching French, Music, Computing and PSHE in PPA over the whole of the Summer term.
- P.E. will be on Thursday.
- The children’s spelling test will be on Friday. The children will be given their new spellings on a Monday.
- Homework will be given out on a Monday and will be due in on the following Friday.
- Guided reading books will be checked on a Monday, Wednesday and Friday. The children are expected to read for a minimum of 10 minutes a day. This will need to be recorded in their books and signed by an adult.
- Please come in to see me if you want to discuss anything or contact me on Dojos.