Welcome to the Spring Term in Year 3!
In Maths, we will be consolidating our learning of place value and operations from the Autumn term, with daily arithmetic questions. At the start of the term we will extending our multiplication and division knowledge by applying it to questions. After half term, we will start to learn about money, statistics, measurements and fractions. All children will be expected to revise their times tables at home daily.
Our class book for this term is ‘Romans on the Rampage’ by Jeremy Strong. In English, we will be using our class book as inspiration for writing a story with a historical setting. We will also be discussing and writing our own persuasive texts. Within all our writing, we will be working on a range of grammatical features including the use of fronted adverbials, expanded noun phrases and continuing to use a range of conjunctions to expand our sentences. Reading, spelling and handwriting will be practiced weekly.
In History, we will be studying the Romans. We will be researching key events and exploring what happened during this time.
In Science, we will be investigating animals including humans. We will use our scientific skills to conduct experiments and discuss our findings.
In Art, we will be researching, designing and making our own Roman mosaics.
Mrs Pooley will be teaching French, Music and computing in PPA.
- P.E. will be on Tuesday and Thursday
- The children’s spelling test will be on Friday. The children will be given their new spellings on a Monday.
- Homework will be given out on a Monday and will be due in on the following Friday.
- Guided reading books will be checked daily. The children are expected to read for a minimum of 10 minutes a day. This will need to be recorded in their books and signed by an adult.
- Please come in to see me if you want to discuss anything.